1. No on the day pressure to purchase expensive accident damage waiverat registration. The price you see is the price you pay.
2. Thruxton is the fastest race track in the UK and a fully licensed FIA venue. Not a disused airfield
3. NO 70 mph speed limits or numerous “cone chicanes” to keep the speed artificially slow.
4. The latest models from Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin.
5.You drive on the full 2.4 mile circuit as used by the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) and other top class championships plus we have all the expected venue spectator facilities.
6. Fifth Gear TV presenter and racing driver Tiff Needell in attendance on 90%+ of our driving days – buy a high speed, sideways ride in a BMW M3 with Tiff on the day.
7. Over 30 years experience with over 10000 happy customers a year.
8. Thruxton Motorsport Centre and its instructors are employed by BMW UK, Ferrari, Maserati GB and Vauxhall with their VXR brand on various driving, prospecting and training events at different tracks and venuesacross the country.
9. Thruxton Motorsport Centre is owned by the British Automobile Racing Club (BARC), a members club thatoperates other UK tracks and owns the British Touring Car Championship, the UK’s most prestigious racing series. All our profits go back into the business and other motor racing activities, so you can be assured of the best driving experience.
10. Auto Express award winners 3 years running. We believe we offer the best driving experiences in the country – and came top on the three occasions that Auto Express magazine ran a number of driving experience product tests.
We want to substantially raise the game of driving days and driving experiences in the UK – to give our customers the best choice and best value for money driving experiences on a proper licenced race circuit in the UK, in a fleet of amazing supercars and racing cars
Thruxton circuit the fastest in the country with legendary high speed corners and a reputation as a real drivers circuit. It is also one of the longest in the UK at 2.4 miles per lap - something to consider when comparing us with our competitors!
Like many race circuits Thruxton was originally a wartime airfield. Commissioned in 1941 the airfield was host to both the RAF and USAF and played a major part in the D-Day landings.
In 1968 a new layout ignored the old runways and followed the lines of the perimeter road with the inclusion of the chicane and further round the track three corners in quick succession.
Thruxton has seen all our recent Formula 1 drivers race regularly at the track at some time in their career. In 1993 Damon Hill Formula One world champion drove a demonstration run in the Williams FW15C, recording an incredible 57.6 second lap of the 2.4 mile circuit, an average speed of 147.25 mph. It is now the high speed rounds of the British Touring car championship and superbikes that regularly bring in capacity crowds.
We aim to always have the latest supercars from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi and Aston Martin for our driving days and driving experiences. To maintain this standard we've already placed orders for the respective replacement models whenever they go into production - this ensures our customers can drive the latest and best supercars the moment they're released. Nowhere else in the UK will the Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Aventador and Porsche Cayman be available to drive on a proper licenced race circuit.
Thruxton Motorsport Centre [formally Ian Taylor Racing Drivers School] was founded over thirty years ago. We are the longest established driving experience company in the UK and offer the widest range of cars to drive on a proper race circuit.
Owned by the largest organiser of race meetings in the UK (The BARC) the company has seen continual investment to ensure our customers always drive the best machinery available and experience the best day possible.
Besides operating our own events at Thruxton we are also employed by many motor manufacturers to help operate and provide instructors for their prospecting and training driving programme at race circuits and other driving venues across the UK.
We have over 30 years experience operating driving days and experiences
Buying direct from us means cutting out 'the middle man' (agencies) and saving money
We don't use an airfield for our driving experiences (driving up and down a disused runway)
We use the full Thruxton race circuit, 2.4 miles per lap - one of the longest circuits in the UK
Thruxton is the fastest circuit in the UK
We change our newest model supercars at least once a year, so our customers always drive cars in showroom condition
We offer weekday and weekend dates to customers who buy direct. We also allow our customers greater flexibility if they need to move/change the date
We don't have a complicated call centre, so our customers can always speak to the same member of staff - and our staff are always happy to help!
We are located just outside Andover (near Stonehenge) only 1 hour from London Heathrow, 40 minutes from Southampton, 1 hour 30 minutes from Bristol and Birmingham
Easily accessible from road, rail and air